Search This Blog

2 July 2014

Mini Blogpost: My First Camera - Fujifilm X-T1

I've never owned a "proper" camera before...surprisingly. So I wasn't surprised at the reaction I got yesterday from friends on instagram yesterday when I posted a photo of my XT-1 captioning it, well..."my first proper camera." Oh and, when I say 'proper' I mean that I've never owned a DSLR or a CSC where I could take advantage of all it's features -  i.e interchangeable lens.

Before the XT-1 I was using my Fujifilm X100. It's a small digital compact camera with a fixed 23mm. And thus, with a fixed lens I was unable to explore photography beyond the scope of the 23mm due to the x100 not having an interchangeable lens feature. This did somewhat, however, force me to experiment more to move up closer towards my subjects when shooting. I could say though, it's an ideal travel camera to shoot stills, but anything that involves a moving subjects - don't bother shooting it. The x100's auto focusing is horrendous. Literally.

I have in the passed been fortunate enough to borrow friend's and cousin's Canons and Nikons for shoots but  found them very inconvenient due to it's size and weight, until finally I was introduced to Olympus' OMD EM5. It was a light weight system, with the design of DSLR's. However, being an X-Shooter I wanted something similar but only Fujifilm. So when Dan of Sutoritera got his hands of them I took it out for a spin, and after the first few minutes immediately I knew I had to have it.

So here I am a few months later with the XT-1 thanks to Sydney's CBD Digidirect store. Fortunately, I placed an order for the camera while they were having a ten or fifteen percent off sale and got it for $1439.00. It currently retails at $1599.00 Body Only. If you're interested in one keep posted on their Facebook updates as they have sales regularly.

For a full review on the XT-1 you can have a read of the following articles by Dan:

Fujifilm X-T1 Review - Initial Impressions

Fujifilm X-T1 Review - 8 Hours Later

Fujifilm X-T1 Review - The ideal travel photography camera? 



No comments:

Post a Comment