Search This Blog

22 April 2014

Cornerstone Bar & Food and Sydney's 19th Biennale

"Which of my photographs is my favourite? The one I'm going to take tomorrow" - Imogen Cunningham. 



Cornerstone Bar and Food is a five to ten minute walk from Redfern station. To those that take the train the city for work, uni or just outings you pass it everyday without knowing. I've been passing that place for years for what I know. It's a very relaxing place to gather around with mates to catch up. It's natural lighting that pierces into the restaurant during the day creates an ambience of peace and serenity. That was Kathy's first thought when we all sat down. I forgot her exact words though. 



I've never eaten at the Cornerstone but my good friend Loc has and he ordered the exact same sandwich when we were here a week ago. The sandwich above is fresh cut on Brickfields Artisan Bread with slow roasted silverside beef with caramelise onions, tomato and rocket on soy-linseed. It cost about $12.00 and $4.00 for the lemon lime bitter.





The 19th Biennale of Sydney. I had no idea what it was. I walked passed the signs every morning on the way to uni. It was only until Loc asked me I wanted to go did I ask him what this whole thing was. It was basically an exhibition of artworks. There's one in Cockatoo island as well. According to Loc, the artworks he were more film based. They had quite a few rooms that were essentially playing black and white movies from film strip and very short art contemporary art films.













Our day started of great until after the Biennale where everything just went down hill. Kathy, Loc, Lena and I had no clue what to do. We went to the arcade down at Central but that didn't entertain us for long. Still, a great day nonetheless. One filled laughter and exchanges of words.

First of all before I end this post, I just want to establish that the Mercedes Benz Fashion Week was held here where Gary Pepper Girl and Margaret Zhang attended. And I'm still very sad that I did not know I could volunteer to help. I'm even more sad because I just realised I had a friend who could of got me in as well. Could of met them. *Sobs*

Photos were shot with Fujifilm x100.
Processed and edited with a modified VSCOFilm via Adobe Lightroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment