Search This Blog

25 April 2014

Amis

Amis comes from the french language and translate to friends.

A week or two ago Loc invited a few friends to his Royal National Park outing on Facebook. His intention besides having the great fun that was enjoyed on the day was to catch up. Catch up, and let one another catch up and so on. It was an unique outing. Typically outings that I've been invited to or have hosted have centred within and around the city area with its busy streets and overly crowded restaurants. So to go out into the national park that was beautiful with green trees, autumn leaves, and fresh air was different. It was relaxing. It was spacious. It was refreshing. This day made me and others realise that there's more to do than just hang at the city.















We also did kayaking and canoeing along the river. Well not really 'we'. I just sat and took photos while everybody else were rowing. The charge of hiring boats is based on how many hours you intend to use it for. For that reason, a $10 deposit is required on all boats incase you use it past the hour. 




Eddy is one of the closest friends I have. I joined Sacred Heart in year 2 and that was when I befriended Eddy. I also got him into trouble many times. I swear, I'm not a bad influence!




This is Loc above. We've only started hanging out more often since we're in the same ENGL classes at uni; however, he is transferring soon; transferring to a course I hopefully hope he enjoys. In other words, the bitch is ditching me.  

No more coffee at The Q at Harris & Qube at Bay for you. Haha. 




Instagram it! Facebook it! Tweet it! Woooo.



The day was one that was enjoyed by all. Laughter, smiles and kind words were exchanged. The nice weather and breeze further complimented our experience. While the outing at the Royal National Park did end at 4:30pm, the presence of friends did not as we crashed back at Loc's place after the long day. We spent a good full two hours at his place, however Kathy and Van had already left due their tight schedules. But Eddy, Loc, Brenda, Julie and I just sat in the lounge. Relaxed... and watching Rosie, Brenda's dog run around the house sniffing stuff. And peeing on the floor...

So if you're constantly going out to the city for outings and you are getting tired of it, go out to the National Park. Think about it. 

To sum up the day I will quote Brenda's tweet - "It felt good to do something different today."

Shot with Fujifilm x100.
Processed and edited with a modified VSCOFilm via Adobe Lightroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment