Search This Blog

8 February 2014

"My outfit is like super casual," she tells me.

My iPhone vibrated in my pocket as I hopped off the train at Central Station.

Juanita: "My outfit is like super casual...like jeans and a top. I don't even have proper face make up on. Fml. I really thought you would cancel because of the weather. F*ck."

A few weeks ago Juanita approached me and asked me to be her photographer for her fashion blog. Reluctant at first as I've had no experience in this area of photography, I began looking through a few fashion blogs for inspiration.  The only problem that laid ahead of me was that I didn't know what to type into google and the only fashion blog I knew of was Shine By Three by Margaret Zhang. And so I asked Juanita if she could link me 'some'. She spammed me with many...






Juanita's a primary school mate from... well, from BACK IN THE DAYS. HEY? It wasn't just too long ago that I graduated primary school and then high school. However, Juanita and I never had any sort of contact until recently due to our creepy obsession with fashion blogger Margaret Zhang. But hey, creepy is such a harsh word... Haha. I mean it's okay to make up scenarios like, "Let's just stand in the middle of Bronte Beach and wait until Margaret comes out." Righhht... yeah... this is not normal.



Back to the topic at hand before things get more weird. The day was rather complicated for Juanita I believe. She had to go Liverpool, and then to the city for work and finally do the photo shoot after she finished. I suggested another day where she wasn't working but our timetables were too tight to squeeze in other dates. Juanita who was tired and probably exhausted from work meant that I had to make sure the photo shoot wasn't too overly complicated for her. At the end of the day I didn't help at all. Fifty per cent of the time I was just swearing at my Fujifilm x100 and the other fifty she had to make sure I didn't get run over by cars. I may have been a bad influence... she started swearing too. Not at me of course. Everyone loves me... ;) 

....but she did give me the finger. 



Besides that, there was a lot of laughter especially when she gave her Kawaii poses and tried imitating some asian tourist who were taking photos around our area. You wacist!


As we reached the end of the shoot, I decided that there was one last location. I thought I was taking a short cut when in fact I was actually in route to Wynard. How the flying f*ck did that happen? I have no idea. The walk was so long I could have probably walked the Great Wall. F*ck me...


....KAWIII!



Shot with a Fujifilm x100.
Processed and edited through Adobe Lightroom 5 with VSCOFilm 02. 

No comments:

Post a Comment